Friday 26 October 2012

My Creative Space - Working with Yellow

Selling handmade items online, means setting aside some time to do your photography.

I often spend the majority of my time making and playing with my supplies and before I know it, I've got a big stash of new earrings, necklaces and bracelets to photograph. They all require individual attention to try and get the photograph and lighting just right.

I made this yellow necklace a few weeks back and have been putting the finishing touches to my photos this week.


In terms of making this necklace, I had been staring at my yellow beads for weeks and knew I wanted to make something asymmetrical.

It started out as a long necklace with 2 accents of silver but developed into a double strand with a completely different look and focus. I often enjoy that type of creating the most - where ideas develop and flow without being too restricted.

No comments:

Post a Comment